Thursday, January 31, 2008

So Busy

We have been very busy here outside of work with school (me) and finishing the basement (mostly John with some of my help) and church activities. John may not agree but I think finishing the basement is his way of nesting for the baby. I can't even begin to clean the house the way my hormones are telling me to because all of the dirt from downstairs keeps making its way up to the rest of the house. The nursery is still clean and we keep the door shut so I don't worry about that too much.

We had another doctor's appointment. This time we met with another of the doctors in the practice. She was very nice and I would not worry if she was the one on call on D-day. Baby is doing very well and still is head down. We did find out that I have very low iron so I will be taking supplements for that. The anemia explains my tiredness and shortness of breath and I am hoping that the additional iron will help with these symptoms.

We have been having some pretty wacky weather here in Iowa as I am sure the rest of the Midwest is too. On Tuesday we had blizzard advisory and many schools were cancelled or closed early. Tuesday night the wind was really strong, 40-50 miles an hour and I kept wondering if things would get launched into the glass windows. This weather was preceded by balmy 50's on Sunday and Monday. It almost felt like spring was coming but we knew better than that. The warmer weather did melt off a lot of the snow and the "blizzard" didn't leave much snow on the ground. John is able to drive his car now, at least until the next big storm.

1 comment:

her said...

haha "D-day"...that made me laugh :)