Thursday, March 27, 2008

The Day has Come!

Alex woke me this morning to the good news that she was having consistent contractions and she thought her water had broke. With full hearts and big smiles we made our way to the hospital where it was discovered that Alex was going into labor. I helped Alex through the beginning hours of contractions; sitting on a yoga ball, laying in the whirpool, and even taking trips down the hall to see the large amount of snow falling...yes, snow falling.


Alex was finally dozing off to a well deserved rest. As her head hit the pillow she softly uttered, "John, update the blog". I smiled as she seemed to drift off. After a few seconds of seeing my slothish behaviour, her head rose off the pillow and in a much firmer tone reponded, "John, I am serious, update the blog". So, here we are.

Hopefully we will meet baby Lewis yet tonight.

8 comments:

her said...

YAYAYAYAYAYAYA!!!!! i'm SO freakin excited and i can't do anything. boooooo. john - remember everything i said....aaand...i'm praying for you both and i hope baby lewis comes soon!!!! good luck!!! haha cute pic alex :)

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the update JOHN! We are praying for you. Hope things go great for you both.

Anonymous said...

Yea, I'm so happy for you guys. I hope since it has been a day since you posted this that you have your baby now. Can't wait to see pictures! Take care

Anonymous said...

Sorry for got to sign my comment. The King's

sark said...

I am so excited! I can barely wait to meet the new member of your family!

Anonymous said...

Congrats on you new baby boy named. GEORGE?

Anonymous said...

John, I love this post. So cute. I read it aloud to Brian and we laughed. Congrats again, Lewis Family!
Steph

Anonymous said...

Congratulations! We can't wait to see George. Alex - Jeremey thought you were going to the bathroom in the picture of you sitting on the ball! Boys...
Terra