Sunday, March 23, 2008

Fashionably Late

This baby has decided to be fashionably late. I hope s/he knows that waiting too long is not fashionable. An Easter baby would have been neat since I was born on Easter as well, but it is not looking like that is going to happen.

John and I went to church service last night. There was a lot of really good music, drama, and the sermon was great. The children's choir sang and that is always very cute. Today we are staying home and taking it easy. We are also getting more snow!

The carpet is all done in the basement. Yesterday we moved all the boxes from the guest bedroom upstairs down to the new office. I carried boxes and moved furniture hoping that might start labor. It only gave me a backache.

Last night after church John and I went out on our last date without a baby. We are as ready as possible. We can't wait to meet you little baby, don't make us wait too long!

I promise to keep you all posted and please keep us in your prayers.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Lewis family! I'm so excited to meet the new arrival! :) And I'm also way excited that I figured out how to post anonymously. Ha. Hope you're born tonight, Baby Lewis! I'm still rooting for an Easter baby, there's 4 hours left!
Hugs, Steph

Anonymous said...

Hi, Alex and John,
I predict that you are having a girl because boys don't care about being fashionable late.
Love, Mom

Anonymous said...

Alex,

So many people have had babies at my office and prayed for natural labor due to "fashionably late" syndrome. Here are the tips that I've heard:

1. Eat spicy food
2. Bounce gently on one of those yoga balls from the gym for 30 min or so
3. Nipple stimulation. Yes it sounds weird but apparently that will send you into labor ASAP! I'm sure there's something in a book about it.

I can't wait!!! :) xoxo Katie

Anonymous said...

I just read Katie's comment...Haha, try number 3! Imagine telling little GeorgeGeorgiaLila all about her birthday... Oh, geez. Update, please!

Anonymous said...

Oops, forgot to sign my name...that last comment was from me.
Love you guys!
Steph

Anonymous said...

Yeah yeah leave it to Steph to take it to a dirty level. I've been told #3 tells the body it's time to breast feed which kicks the hormones into gear and starts labor. Don't knock it till you try it!

Love, Katie

Anonymous said...

Alex and John,
Since we missed Easter, maybe this baby is going for April 1st. April Fool's Day is kinda a holiday. Good Luck to the both of you! Johnny are you going to hand out cigars! Save some for Andy and I. And of course Grandpa George! Love, Mom